Human Resources Specialist is responsible for providing high quality advice and guidance across the range of employee relations services including but not limited to assisting with organisational development strategies and HR projects.
Working in a team environment, these services include:
- policy/procedure review and development;
- award/certified agreement interpretation and advice;
- employee conduct and grievance management;
- organisational change
- general employment and employee relations matters.
The Human Resources Specialist reports to the appropriate Site Manager or other relevant manager and is responsible for providing high level support to the Human Resources Manager in order to ensure the delivery of a comprehensive HR and employee relations service to the business.
The Human Resources Specialist will be able to effectively take on complex issues and be able to demonstrate the ability to deal with more involved aspects of work and to lead specific projects to be rolled out to the business.
The Human Resources specialist will support the leaders of the business to help enable them in their accountability as leaders.
- Strategic Human Resources
- Management, Planning and Administration
- Industrial Relations
- Change Management / Employee Engagement
- Learning and Development and Staffing and Recruitment
- Team Effectiveness
- Code of Conduct and EEO
- Records Management
- Work Health and Safety
- Change Management
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources Management (or related field) or equivalent field experience in a similar role
- Sound management skills and thorough knowledge of human resource management functions and activities, industrial relations and leadership development
- Demonstrated experience in policy development
- Demonstrated ability to provide reliable and professional advice and support to managers in the interpretation and application of legislation, awards, policies and practices relevant to contemporary human resources management.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to build effective relationships and communicate with a diverse range of people both internal and external, on issues of a complex and sensitive nature
- High level of staff coaching/counselling, mediation and employee relations skills to actively assist in areas such as investigation, discipline and grievance management
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to logically review events and make appropriate recommendations
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, including strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and control own workload.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and collaborate on projects and initiatives, including the capacity to work across teams (e.g. Finance and Business Services and Production) and review and improve work practices
- A high level of integrity and an ethical approach
- Well-developed knowledge and skills in human resources information systems and MS Office products.
- Experience in formulating human resource development strategies and participating in organisational training needs analysis
- Current driver licence