- Major Tier 2 client!
- Large challenging project!
- $100 000 - $150 000 dependent on experience.
About the business and the role
My client a D & C HVAC contractor seeks a Project Manager to join their dynamic ever growing team.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Manage operation of project scope and ensure requirements are met
- Manage the planning of activities, sequence of work, productivity, and achievement of milestones and completion dates
- Minimise exposure to risk on the project.
- Ensure project documents are filed correctly
- Ensure compliance with systems and procedures
- Hold regular project meetings and keep the project team well informed
- Communicate project information to the site team and management
- Resolve and or escalate issues in a timely manner
- Attend meetings with the client as required
- Manage design, engineering, procurement and drawing for the project
- Negotiate with the suppliers and subcontractors to obtain best prices
- Procure all major equipment, materials and subcontractors.
- Preparation of progress claims
- Pricing of all variations and issue to the builder
- Issue all notices as required under the contract
- Financial management of the project including updating CVRs
- Communication issues to affect cost, quality and programme requirements to the Construction Manager
- Develop a strong positive relationship with clients, builders, principal, subcontractors, suppliers and other trades on the project
- Ensuring adequate and capable resources are provided
- Daily management of site activities
- Management of suppliers and subcontractors as per contract
- Manage and submission of weekly employee time sheets as directed
- Analyse installation rates in conjunction with site staff to ensure continuous performance improvement through improved work methods
Skills and experience
- Provide experience in leadership, mentoring and motivation to deliver projects to the value of $ 5 million +
- Project management experience within an HVAC environment
- Proven experience of building strong relationships internally and externally
- Excellent reporting skills
Job benefits and perks
$100 000 - $ 150 000 Negotiable
Plus Car Allowance
The company would look at interstate applications and assist with relocation costs for the successful candidate.
Please use reference FS3988