Run with the pack! The company is a people oriented, family company which prides itself on the quality, progressive relationships they forge with their people, their clients and the industry as a whole.
Make your mark and make a difference! Working with this company is about innovation, inspiration and progress. Whatever you do with them, you play a part in pioneering a better future throughout Australia and beyond.
Empowering their people is a key part of their values and culture. During their 100 years of business, many people started their career as young guns with a thirst for learning. In fact, their longest tenured employees are still learning and they wouldn't have it any other way!
The Senior Contracts Administrator opportunity will see an ambitious individual with tertiary qualifications in Applied Science (Construction Management) or similar, greater than five years' experience in a similar role, experience in the cost control software package Jobpac or similar, Industrial / commercial experience required, food experience is a highly beneficial, motivated, goal oriented, accountable and reliable with an ability to maintain independence with a high level of integrity and an ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Tendering (scoping) from an incomplete developing design
- Managing tender returns within budget which can then be influenced by further design if facing budget pressure
- Managing within a budget which is set by costing planning rather than trade estimating therefore lacking the scope detail and coverage that CA's often rely upon
- Managing the variations (both client & subcontractor/consultant sides) that occur through
- design development and client inspired scope creep
- Providing a high level of support to the Project Manager in a manner that doesn't require the Project Manager's constant mentoring across this delivery style
- Being remote from site (2 hours away from Brisbane)
They are looking for bravery and confidence in their new team member to back your own judgement and make good decisions. In addition, align with their values of quality, integrity, future focus, a sense of community and empowering people.
You will be able to demonstrate working inside a tight, highly productive construction and more specifically Contracts Administration team and support your team mates at all times. They will need a willingness to be flexible on working hours and engagements as part of their diverse business.
The experiences will be varied and challenging. In addition to technical training, they also focus strongly on people skills and how to interact and lead with professional integrity and assertiveness.
The Skills Required
- All round CA with a proven design and construct background
- Strong understanding of cost planned budget
- Jobpac experience beneficial
- Experience with University clients
Personal Skills and Attitude:
- Able to work effectively as part of a team which includes; site and office based staff, client representatives, consultants and sub-contractors/suppliers
- Able to work with a client in a constructive and supportive manner
- Able to work with sub-contractors and suppliers in a constructive and supportive manner
- Willing to learn
- Able to travel to site at least monthly
- Able to effectively communicate with all stake holders
- 10 years +
The Next Step
If you possess all the relevant skills / experience required to fulfil this role and you currently live in Australia (preferably Brisbane) then please apply and Craig Andresen will contact you for an informal discussion.