- Excellent opportunity to join a dynamic transport operations team in a senior role
- Join one of Brisbane’s largest transport companies
- Salary of $90,000 - $95,000 - plus superannuation
My client is a privately owned Logistics and Transport company that is recognised as one of Brisbane’s biggest. Operating out of a South West Brisbane depot this constantly growing business is looking for more people to join their expanding team.
About The Role
The company is currently seeking an experienced Transport Manager to join their logistics and transport team based in their South West Brisbane depot. You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Transport side of the business such as rostering of an operations team of four, day to day safety and compliance, fatigue management and a point of contact to clients in the event of situation escalations or service disruptions.
On a daily basis, you will work with a team of logistical personnel and drivers’ ensuring a high level of teamwork and communication is performed to ensure merchandise is delivered in full on time and in a cost-effective manner.
Geographical knowledge and the ability to grow relationships with customers and within the business is essential. The ideal candidate must have senior experience in the transport industry and is looking to join a team where they can teach, lead and help grow the company. They must have the capability to learn and implement the companies’ process and procedures as well as offer their own strategic ideas to grow the role.
- Monitor and manage the activities of drivers and loaders.
- Management of a team of drivers, schedulers, drivers and implementers.
- Be a reliable point of contact with internal and external parties.
- Rostering of operations staff.
- Dispatch in a fast-paced and high volume environment.
- Communicate effectively with your team.
- Resolving any transport disruptions and effectively dealing with escalations of client issues.
Skills & Experience
- Two years’ experience in a similar senior Transport management role.
- Allocation and Fleet management experience is essential.
Experience in Logistics, Transport and Warehousing at a senior level.
- High attention to detail and strategically minded.
- A strong work ethic and ability to manage, lead, train and guide a team is essential in this role.
- Forklift license desirable.
- Fatigue management.
- Ability to multitask and work to a deadline.
- Basic Microsoft office, excel and administration skills required.
Monday to Friday role with a company phone provided
My client is offering an attractive salary of $90,000 - $95,000 plus superannuation in a position that has room to develop your career in Logistics and Transport.
How to Apply
Click APPLY or contact Glen Adams on 07 3839 9000 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Friday the 17th of August.