- This is an opportunity to join a well-established and respected company.
- As the business continues to grow there is room to develop your career alongside.
- The salary package is negotiable depending on your experience.
About the Company
My client is a well-established business in the Hobart community and they’re looking for an experienced Building Surveyor to join their growing team. You will be working on a variety of projects for government agencies as well as individuals in the private sector. You will be working for an owner-operator who has been successful in the industry for over two decades and has a wealth of knowledge to share with the right candidate.
About the Role
With business booming they’re looking for an experienced Building Surveyor to come on board who can hit the ground running. The outstanding benefit of this position is the opportunity to work on a wide variety of building development, including large commercial and industrial development, residential and community buildings.
- You will be required to efficiently administer the provisions of the Building Act, Building Regulations and Local Laws (As Applicable).
- Undertake inspections to ensure buildings and associated works are in accordance with the Building Act and Regulations.
- Under the guidance of the MBS, conduct inspections of sites for legislative compliance and accurately record the results of inspections, whether mandatory or complaint based and prepare notices and orders and other legal documents as required.
- Contribute to the statutory responsibilities to ensure compliance with building legislation.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years' experience in the construction industry
- Thorough knowledge of the Building Act, Building Regulations, Building Code of Australia, Associated Australian Standards and Codes.
- The ability to read and interpret plans and related building documentation.
- An unrestricted Drivers Licence.
- Attractive remuneration package reflecting the experience and skills of the successful candidate
- Ongoing professional development
- Solid support structure to fall back on
How to Apply
If this sounds like the next step in your career, please contact Joshua Place on 07 3211 1433 or press APPLY NOW and we will respond to you ASAP.