External Service Technician – Hydraulics
Experience Previous Experience
Industry Trades & Services
Recruiter George Trusiak
Salary $85,000 + Super + Overtime + Vehicle
- Established national organization
- Field service and maintenance – hydraulics
- Generous base salary + Service vehicle + An abundance of overtime
About the company
As a tier-one product distributor, hydraulic service and solutions provider with globally based offices. This organization has developed a reputation for providing exceptional service and highly developed engineered hydraulic products.
About the role
As an external field hydraulic fitter, you will be required to assemble new hydraulic systems, conduct hydraulic troubleshooting, run hydraulic trials, interpret schematic drawings and repair hydraulic pumps, motors, valves, cylinders and drive systems on both mobile and fixed plant and equipment in the mining sector. In addition, you will conduct general serving and maintenance of hydraulics systems and identify additional service opportunities and discuss these with the client with a view to negotiate and capture further work.
- Troubleshoot onsite hydraulic systems and individual components issues
- Service and repair of pumps, motors, valve banks, drive systems also replace hydraulic hoses and fittings
- Interpret schematic diagrams and assemble/build new hydraulic systems and applications
- Conduct site installations and commission hydraulic systems
Qualifications and skills
- Have either a mechanical fitting or diesel plant mechanics trade qualification
- Have a post-trade background in mechanical fluid power hydraulics
- Be experienced in closed and open-loop hydraulic systems and an understanding of axial piston pumps, radial piston motors would be well regarded
- Experience within system fault diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Have sound verbal and written communication skills
- Be competent with reading hydraulic schematics and system interpretation
- An understanding of electronic and hydraulic automation systems would be highly regarded
Culture of the branch
There is a stable workforce in the branch with an open culture of support and transparency, the opportunity comes with the option of further training and potential career advancement.
How to apply
Please phone George Trusiak on 07 3211 1433 quoting reference number GT4933 or email your resume for further details on this opportunity.