- Unique multi-tasking design and technical support role
- Stable national organization in a growth phase
- Generous salary package based on background and skills
- About the company
As a nationally established group with offices in all major capital cities, this organization has built its reputation on delivering quality products in a fast and efficient manner. They are an organization which has the ability to provide unique items where larger competitors have struggled.
About the role
Based in Brisbane and reporting to the Engineering Manager, your role will be to design hydraulic systems as required by the sales and the workshop teams. You will also regularly converse with clients on their technical needs and visit sites before submitting conceptual designs for approval. In addition, you will be the technical go-to person for system design enquires and clarification relating to the applications in agricultural, mining or industrial sectors.
Duties in the role
- You will be required to design and provide solutions on new systems builds and upgrades for a variety of application in the mining, agricultural and industrial engineering sectors.
- Your role will also support the external sales staff with their system design and technical enquires related to field-based applications.
- You will be required to prepare quotations, costs and tenders for the full end to end project builds.
- There is a hands-on element to the position where you will be required to review installations and provide trades staff with final application guidance.
Skills and abilities
- You will hold a Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor's degree in fluid power and mechanical design.
- You will be a user of either Solid works, AutoCAD or Inventor design systems
- Have a sound understanding of fluid power system applications covering open and closed loop hydraulic systems, pumps, motors, drives and valves.
- Commercially you will have a good understanding of bids, quotations and tenders.
- You will have sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Be comfortable with site inspections and were required be capable of swapping out equipment and conducting system adjustments.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion please phone George Trusiak on 07 – 3211 1433 quoting reference number GT3935 or click on the apply button below.