- Pivotal senior role in a specialist structural engineering firm
- Join an importer of manufactured steel poles, lattice towers and steel tube towers
- Package circa $125K plus performance bonuses - Inner Brisbane based
About the company
Established nearly ten years ago, this boutique engineering business has well and truly cemented themselves as a supplier of choice to the power transmission infrastructure sector. Successfully specifying, overseeing manufacturing, and then delivering individually designed steel poles, lattice towers and steel tube towers, they have completed a large number of major projects for EPC customers and major Utilities.
About the role
This is a key role in the operation where you will own the process from design to delivery. It offers variety and challenge and will cover the following activities:
- Managing the technical requirements of the business including design preparation
- Review specifications to achieve best-fit fabrication capabilities
- Completing requests for quotations and negotiating with customers
- Organising production orders with Chinese manufacturers
- Liaising with third party logistics contractors for shipping and delivery
- Lead a small team of drafters and project engineers
The ideal candidate
The person we are seeking will ideally have experience and qualifications in most of the following areas:
- Structural or Mechanical Engineer qualifications (ideally RPEQ)
- Hands-on design skills using PLS-Pole or Revit
- Previous experience working as an Engineering Design Manager or Senior Design Engineer
- Structural steel knowledge in the power infrastructure sector is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Strong communication skills
- Commercial acumen
If you want to take a leadership position in an entrepreneurial technical engineering business then this could be the ideal next career move for you. An attractive package will be negotiated with the successful candidate that will include a base salary plus superannuation and a performance bonus based on achieving critical KPI’s for the business. You will also get to complete international and interstate travel with this role, only for short periods but on a regular basis.
How to apply
Interested? If this sounds like your next career move please apply now or call Ken Fowler on 3211 1433 for further information.